Dryer fires happen and they happen more often than we are lead to believe. At dryer vent cleaner in the lead up to Christmas we had 3 customers who had dryer fires inside their dryer all because there were issues with there dryer vent and how they were installed. Dryer Fire in Oakville – How it Read more…
Shocking video shows how dryer fires happen, lint builds up through the dryer vent and into the dryer itself. Over time this lint can build up around the element which ignites
Ontario Fire Marshal’s statistics reveal that improperly maintained household dryers cause one in every three residential dryer fires. Almost all of these fires were preventable and dryer vent cleaning is the main area that should be considered.
Dryer fires happen a lot more than we hear about as they do not get reported very often. This dryer safety guide will allow you to check your dryer is safe and running efficiently. Many home owners have the wrong hose connecting their dryer to the wall is yours safe?
Replacing the no longer recommended dryer vent hose for what is recommended by all dryer manufacturers. If you have white vinyl hose or thin foil you should change it or get a company in to do this for you.
Do you have the incorrect hose connecting your dryer to the wall? Your dryer warranty could be voided for running your dryer with the wrong hose, and be at risk from a dryer fire. Thin foil and white vinyl are not recommended by dryer manufacturers
This is a particularly bad dryer we recently came across, which due to the dryer vent being clogged lead to the whole dryer struggling and also signs of a dryer fire having taken place. This really was one lucky customer, they narrowly avoided becoming a dryer fire statistic. The customer chose to have the dryer Read more…
Dryer fires are caused by a lack of dryer vent cleaning, when a build-up of lint results in incredible heat being generated. It’s not only the lint that builds up in the removable dryer lint filter, but the unseen lint that builds up in the dryer’s exhaust.