Dryer fires happen and they happen more often than we are lead to believe. At dryer vent cleaner in the lead up to Christmas we had 3 customers who had dryer fires inside their dryer all because there were issues with there dryer vent and how they were installed. Dryer Fire in Oakville – How it Read more…
Dryer fire prevention
Dryer Fire Prevention
Your clothes dryer accounts for a huge 12% of the electrical power used in an average household, and that’s when the vent is not plugged! With a vent that’s plugged and you’re running the dryer 2 or 3 times you can easily see why you have a high hydro bill! If you are running your Read more…
If these bad dryer vents were on a car they would have been recalled. How do these builders get away with this nonsense? These are dangerous, inefficient and are putting families at risk of a dryer fire.
A burning smell from the dryer can be several things, most often it is lint build up inside the clothes dryer. Learn how to prevent your dryer from smelling
Shocking video shows how dryer fires happen, lint builds up through the dryer vent and into the dryer itself. Over time this lint can build up around the element which ignites
Keeping mice out of your dryer vent can be done easily with a pest proof vent cap. This is the safest way to ensure pest free efficient drying of clothes. Putting a screen over your dryer vent should not be done
Pressing the test button on your smoke alarm does not mean your home and family are safe in the event of a fire. Discover the best way to be safe at home, knowing your smoke alarm works!
Did you know that nearly 50% of all home fires are a direct result of improper smoke alarm installation? It’s true. Many of these smoke detectors are improperly installed from the start or the property owners have failed to replace the devices at the proper times. Or worse, some people simply refuse to install new Read more…
Dryer fire prevention should be a necessary maintenance carried out by all property owners. Sadly over 15,000 dryer fires happen every year … Will you be next?
Ontario Fire Marshal’s statistics reveal that improperly maintained household dryers cause one in every three residential dryer fires. Almost all of these fires were preventable and dryer vent cleaning is the main area that should be considered.